So, I feel like I owe you guys an overview of my outreach experience.
The only problem is, it would take me 10 days to write the first
paragraph. Outreach was over a month ago and I still have trouble
putting it into words. But who needs words when you have photos? I seem
to recall they were worth more anyway...
 |
| Look at us, so clean, well-rested, and naive. |
 |
| What made our 18 hour layover in Bangkok bearable? Thai food. |
|
|
 |
| Beautiful Kathmandu. |
 |
| Streets are prettier from the roof. |
 |
| This street was just plain pretty, even without a rooftop view. |
 |
| The girls (students) of the Priceless DTS! |
 |
| Some parts of Nepal look like this... |
 |
| ...and other parts look like this. |
 |
| In Nepal, we performed a drama about human trafficking twice a day for 10 days. |
 |
| What I wouldn't give for a samosa right now! |
 |
| The Nepal-India border. |
 |
| Sights of Kolkata: The Victoria Memorial... |
 |
| ...St. Paul's Cathedral... |
 |
| ...and best of all, Mother Teresa's tomb. |
 |
| We met many amazing Christians in Kolkata. |
 |
Reunited with the other half of the Priceless DTS after 5 weeks apart!
|
 |
| The cutest kid ever (that's his happy face). |
 |
| Words can't describe how much I love my team. |
 |
| We taught at an after school program for the children of sex workers. |
 |
| This little girl loved to show off her dance moves and teach me Hindi. |
 |
| My favorite part of outreach was speaking...a lot. |
 |
| These sweet kids called everyone, "auntie." |
 |
| The first and only time I've worn purple pants. |
 |
| We taught at schools about trafficking, bullying, sexual abuse, and identity. |
 |
| How did I get those boys to sit in a perfect circle? Sometimes I amaze myself. |
 |
| We taught boys aged 5-19. |
 |
And of course, more trafficking drama.
|
 |
| The slums were some of the most beautiful, colorful places in the city. |
 |
| Indian kids are so sassy! |
 |
| Market shopping was one of my favorite Indian experiences. |
 |
| The hardest part of leaving India was saying goodbye to our amazing friends. |
 |
| I left India with 10 inches less hair than when I arrived. |
 |
| Lovely Thailand. |
 |
| Thai food is the best, including green Fanta in a bag. |
 |
| My classy, naturally photogenic YWAM family. |
 |
| We couldn't miss the Hunger Games! |
 |
| Why am I smiling? Because it's Christmastime and 90 degrees. |
 |
| We rode in the back of this Sang-tao to all of our ministry events. |
 |
| And on a completely unrelated note, here's a picture of my brother doing a duck-face. Because that's what you get when you take selfies on your sister's ipod! |
No comments:
Post a Comment