The Priceless, Sports, and Music DTS's went camping in Busselton a couple weeks ago. The bus ride was interesting, not to mention really, really loud. Jen, aka the selfie queen took this picture, which properly demonstrates the madness.
We stayed at a retreat center literally 30 feet from the Indian Ocean. We arrived just in time to snap some pictures of the sunset.
After breakfast each morning, we attended lectures by Pete Brownhill on the father-heart of God. After lunch, we played games on the beach, including a couple crazy rounds of what can only be described as human tug-of-war. Thankfully, no participants were injured, just a little sore.
We took a trip into the little town of Busselton. Some insane folks
payed for the opportunity to jump off a jetty into shark-infested
waters, while other, tamer souls bought ice cream. Afterwards, a few of us explored the downtown, popping into a Salvo to buy a sweater that cost less than the ice cream. On our last day, a few students were baptized, including two members of the Priceless DTS! I've watched Hannah and Maddie grow so much over the past few weeks, and I was so excited to witness this public testament to the work God's been doing in their lives. I can't wait to see what the future holds for them all!
Busselton was the perfect environment to learn about God's father-heart---it's impossible wake up to the sun rising out of a clear, blue sea and not know God is good. It was great to have a break from the daily routine of YWAM Perth, and I can now say I've put my feet in all the oceans (not including the Arctic, but who cares about that one anyway?)!




No comments:
Post a Comment